Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 80: The Good News Is The Bad News Is Wrong

Day 80: The Good News Is The Bad News Is Wrong

Read: Isaiah 52:4 - 12 (13 - 15 'The Lord's Suffering Servant')

Well, all that I can say this morning is Praise God, it is finally Friday. It has been one of those weeks where if it could get any worse - I would not be able to tell you how Monday was a bad neck, bad hip, bad leg day. Everything seemed to want it's own fifteen minutes of attention. Tuesday I went to the hospital for a procedure on my hip to find out why I have consistent hip pain. All goes reasonably well with the procedure until I wake up and cannot stop throwing up. From hospital to home - it went on and on. Wednesday I am all bruised up, pained up, with sutures I did not bargain for, and why not - I cannot fall asleep then Thursday my Primary Doctor gives me what for.

Well, like I said Praise God TGIF! It is Friday, I still didn't getmuch sleep last night. I just could not find that one comfortable position - it was toss and turn on the couch all the night long. I guess by now you get the idea that I am looking forward to a significantly better weekend with my family, helping the wife preparing a open hearth dinner for a group of volunteers at the Farm Museum in Westminster. I desperately need all the family bonding time I can get. After the week I have had, with all the things going on, all the bad news this week: bad news on the war, the bad news on the weather, bad economic headlines - what I also desperately need is the Good News of Jesus Christ!

It is just time to say that enough is enough. Bad news is okay sometimes. But there are days when we genuinely need to shout at the top of our lungs "stop the world, I want to get off." And I guess I am there right now. So prepare your eardrums all you readers out there. Okay, ready or not, here it comes: Isaiah 52:7 -8 - 'How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! The watchmen shout and sing with joy, for right before their very eyes they see the Lord returning to Jerusalem.' YES, YES, I have shouted the Good News of Jesus Christ and I feel great!

Our God reigns. Whether it be downtown Jerusalem or the sprawling suburbs of the City of Baltimore, Maryland - the good news is that whatever the bad news is, was or ever could conceivably become it will always be 100% wrong: the bad news cannot reign supreme in a heart or upon any one persons spirit where God has firmly and securely established His Throne. And believe this: where ever God is, there also is the Good News of the all - atoning love of His Son Jesus Christ at His right hand and there also are the all cleansing, all refining, all comforting Fires of the Holy Spirit ready to administer and minister to all God's children; His peace that defies all understanding.

Let Us Pray: Today, I humbly pray that you will please consider personalizing Psalm 3. Psalm 3 is a psalm of David, regarding the time David had fled from his son Absalom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV5lJNK4D2Y

No comments:

Post a Comment