Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 78: "Jesus Is The Head Of The Body"

Day 78: "Jesus Is The Head Of The Body"

Read: Ephesians 4:15 - 16

Let me extend my humble apologies to the readership out there but this morning I am
finding myself under the weather. So this morning devotional offering is taken directly
from the book "Listening To God" by Bruce Bickel. These words are written as if God himself had revealed them to the author.

"I've been telling you about the body of Christ and the members of my church who complement one another with their spiritual gifts. Every member of the body is important; no one is expendable.

What I have not told you is this: while there are many of you who are hands and feet for the body, and others who are eyes and vocal cords, there is only one head. That is my Son

Jesus is uniquely qualified to lead His body, comprised as it is of a large group of individuals from a wide range of cultures and locations. Have you ever wondered how you can meet a complete stranger, yet immediately feel a common bond when you discover you are both my children? The reason for that connection is Jesus, who fits and forms all members of His church into a single body of believers, united in purpose and in love for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment