Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 179: "My Son Is Your Advocate"

Day 179: "My Son Is Your Advocate"

Read: Hebrews 9:23 - 28 (HCSB)

It promises to be a long rewarding day today as I continue to prepare for this final Kairos (Inside) teaming meeting. Kairos is a prison ministry designed to bring Christ's love and forgiveness to all incarcerated men, women and children, to their families and to those who work in the prison environment. Kairos Inside weekends are held in men's and women's correctional institutions. The weekends are designed to help the residents experience spiritual renewal and to help the residents accept God's call to a life of Christian witness and service. I ask that you find a small amount of Kairos time, 'God's perfect time' to lift us, the support team, Chaplain, the 'Residents' up in prayer.

Today's devotional effort comes directly from the "Listening To God" by Bruce Bickel. Here these words from the "Listening To God" devotional book as if God is speaking directly into your life. May the Father, Son and Holy Spirit add their infinite blessings and infinite wisdom to the reading of these words as they seek to enter your heart:

'24 For the Messiah did not enter a sanctuary made with hands (only a model of the true one) but into heaven itself, so that He might now appear in the presence of God for us. 25 He did not do this to offer Himself many times, as the high priest enters the sanctuary yearly with the blood of another. 26 Otherwise, He would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared one time, at the end of the ages, for the removal of sin by the sacrifice of Himself.' (24 - 26)

"Under the Old Testament's rules, My Priest would come before Me once a year to plead forgiveness of sins on behalf of My people. Animal sacrifices were offered in the earthly tabernacle as a symbol of purification. Are you not glad you do not have to live under that system?

As the one and only High Priest, My Son pleaded forgiveness for your sins by offering His own perfect life on the cross. It was a once - and - for - all event that replaced the old system. No longer does an earthly priest ask me to forgive your sins. You are  forgiven - and in my eyes, I see the perfection of my Son in your life.

But there is more: Jesus is in my presence right now, representing you and telling Me your needs. In effect, He is your Advocate, speaking to me in support of you.

This should give you an amazing confidence as you go through your day: you are not alone. My Son and I are talking about you in my heavenly throne room, and it is all good!"

Let Us Pray:

Living God,
help us so to hear your holy Word
that we may truly understand;
that, understanding, we may believe,
and, believing,
we may follow in all faithfulness and obedience,
seeking your honor and glory in all that we do;
through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53Fz5ulvpI

No comments:

Post a Comment