Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 160: Be Set Free

Day 160: Be Set Free

Read: Psalms 119:32, 41 - 48

Have you read any good warning labels lately? I have read some really life warnings on products. The first one was found on a snow sled. It warned: “Beware: sled may develop high speed under certain snow conditions.” I wonder if that warning was for kids of all ages who have never seen snow. I mean when I was a kid in Buffalo, NY we were looking for those “certain snow conditions” so that we could tear down the streets around our neighborhood and wide open park land or any unsuspecting golf courses that were nearby. That was a boys dream - not any legal eagle nightmare. You can't do this, telling us we can’t do that either. Is this the essence of Christianity? Is this the essence of your faith?

I kind of wonder about that. I just got a picture in my mind of Joseph, the father of Jesus, trying to teach him the carpenters trade today. He takes his son out to back to the workshop and he picks up a power tool. "Son, this carpenter’s router carries a warning, This product not intended for use as a dental drill.” Um? I wonder if Sears or Home Depot or Lowes has had too many dentists in their tool isle wondering if they could buy their routers instead of expensive dental equipment to drill into their patient's tooth. Small wonder then, I guess, why there are allot of people who will never ever go near their offices. Christianity for many becomes bonded drudgery instead of freedom. What a tragedy!

I would ask that you take a step back for a moment and take careful stock of where your attitude about your Christian faith is. Take whatever time you need. I promise you it will be well spent. Ask yourself if your image is God sitting up in heaven on his throne issuing rules like lawyers. He commands, “Don’t do this! Don’t do that! And don’t you dare have any fun!” Can you see an image of His throne room that is only filled with a gaggle of Attorney's asking you "did you read the fine print between the lines?" Is God's throne room remarkably similar to the biggest most elaborate Court room you could possibly imagine with angels filling the jury box? Then start praying with all you are for a vision of 'free'!

Then my friend, I invite you to consider this revelation: You see God is truly all about freedom. Only with him can we experience relationship that is 'set free' that is really liberated from self imposed limitations imposed upon us. Yes, freedom, real freedom to be ourselves, to have fun with our faith, experience the absolute joy of running the race of life, in step right along side, in the footsteps of the Father Son and Holy Spirit. Verse 32: 'I will run with joy in the way of thy commandments when you enlarge my understanding!' Verse 45: 'and I shall walk at liberty, for I have sought thy precepts.'
Hand in hand, heart to heart, spirit to Spirit, these 2 verses permanently binds your freedom to God.

Let Us Pray: My dear Lord Jesus, I come to you now to be restored in you - to renew my place in you, my allegiance to you alone, and to receive from you all the grace and mercy I so desperately need to free this day. I honor you as my sovereign Lord, and I surrender every aspect of my life totally and completely to you. I give you my body as a living sacrifice; I give you my heart, soul, mind, and strength; and I give you my spirit as well. Lord, Jesus Christ set me free from the precepts of this world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MbcYyOsF50

No comments:

Post a Comment