Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 338: “Fear Not, Stand Firm, And See The Salvation Of The Lord,..."

Day 338: “Fear Not, Stand Firm, And See The Salvation Of The Lord,..."

Read: Exodus 14:10 - 15

The children of Israel have just been delivered from the strong, oppressive hand of Pharaoh. God with a mighty deliverance has brought them out of Egypt the land of slavery and oppression. They had started their journey energized with high hopes and higher yet perhaps more somber expectations toward the land that God had promised. They have marched only a few days and suddenly they seem to be stopped in their journey. They have encamped by the sea. Before them is the great Red Sea, on one side of them is a mountain, behind them are Pharaoh and his army closing in fast. On the surface it seems they're hopelessly trapped, apparently there was no way out.

But in the midst of chaos and confusion (isn't there always a lot of this going around?) the people come to Moses and begin to cry out to him, and as they cry to him Moses goes to God and he says God, what do you want me to do? They are getting ready to stone me, what in the world do you want me to do? Nowhere to go! The only answer
in front of you is drowning in the sea of chaos and confusion and we know that is not an option for obvious reasons. What do we do? Turn around, go back to where we came from saying "Well, at least I had something to look forward to, however bad it was for me?" "Fear not, Stand firm, Look forward, and See the Salvation of the Lord!"

Israel had trusted God for their deliverance but not for their circumstances. But this is not new. David despaired and said, “I will perish one day at the hands of Saul.” Elijah hid in a cave and asked to die (1 Kings 19:4). If we are Christians, we have trusted him to save us from sin but all too often we wont trust him with our circumstances.
There are lots of things that cause us not to trust. We are diagnosed with a disease for which treatment requires making major life altering decisions or there is no cure. We have more month that we do money, we get behind on paying the bills. We have a child who is more about rebellion. We loose our job. So, just where is our trust in God placed?

God tells Moses, there's not but one thing to do, get up and GO FORWARD! I did not bring you out to take you back; I didn’t bring you out to leave you now. I didn’t bring you out to camp here, this is not the land I promised you. There is so much more!! There is nothing to go back to. All that is left is to GO FORWARD! The Lord would tell us today, there is nothing to go back to. If you go back you will be destroyed or have to return to slavery. If you do not pull up stakes now you will probably be destroyed. The best thing for you to do is GO FORWARD! Set your eyes upon the impassable sea and GO FORWARD! “Fear Not, Stand Firm, And Witness The Salvation Of The Lord..."

Let Us Pray: (Psalm 27:3 - 6) "Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident. One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord." In Jesus' name, Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplX5FDDuH0
Where I belong- Building 429 lyrics
www.youtube.com
No copyright infringement intended. Just a fan-made video. Love this song and the band. One of my new favorite songs! For this world is not our

No comments:

Post a Comment