Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 330: "Now You Shall See What I Will Do To Pharaoh;"

Day 330: "Now You Shall See What I Will Do To Pharaoh;"

Read: Exodus 5:1 - 6:1

Lately, I have been reading deeper into the book of Exodus. In my reading, I noticed something strange, something that I had just not taken the time fully realized before. Tell me what you think of this observation. First, God has commanded Moses to go to Egypt, where he had fled from years before, to go and risk his own life by confronting
the Pharaoh. Then God turns around and says, in effect, “Oh, by the way, Pharaoh is not going to listen to you.” Did you just hear a very loud thud coming from Moses and his heart? First, whenever we do something, we generally tend to do it the quickest, easiest, way. It strikes me God is telling Moses to deliver His people by the hard way.

I mean, people do not usually take the long way home on purpose. People do not, will not usually try to do things the hard way. We perhaps expect that if God is calling us to do something for the benefit and blessing of His kingdom, He is going to show us the easy path to grace and glory. Walk in, Pharaoh yields just like that and out we will stroll out in victory. God will go before us and ahead of us, clear away the mountains and the valleys so the success of our journey is preordained to lead us to a victorious outcome. Yes, expect troubles, tribulations, but God will show the easy way forward.

Really? Are we who testify, witness, identify ourselves as Christians this complacent in our journey of faith? Witness to such powerfully negative verses like these from Exodus 5, bringing them ever forward into our own contemporary lives when we ourselves become confronted by the rigorous challenges of accomplishing the 'impossible' ~ “Thus says Pharaoh, ‘I will not give you straw. Go and get your straw yourselves wherever you can find it, but your work will not be reduced in the least.’” (10,11) We are called out to do the impossible, called out to accomplish it but have our regular resources taken out from underneath us? "But God?!" But God's word tells us; "Guess what, Life is not always going to listen to you."

Do we excuse ourselves from having to do the work God called us to do because the conditions for accomplishing victory in His name became impossible to overcome? Is God just the 'brick' we can just stockpile in reserve, that when needed we can pick up and launch through the plate glass window of 'impossibles' store front so we can loot
and steal the supplies need to keep working? God is an absolutely essential resource! We can never do without God in our lives, nor should we ever try. We know what we shall see what God will do to Pharaoh to gain deliverance of His people. Perhaps God now desires to see "what I will do to Pharaoh" after God already hardens his heart!

Let Us Pray: God, you have called us forth from day to day lives and are sending us out into a world governed by "Pharaoh". You have heard our myriad of excuses and you have humbled them through your expressions of confidence in us. You have set us apart, you have pointed us in the direction you want us to go and emboldened by
your confidence in us, we go forth in your name. Thanks be to God for this calling! Thanks be to God for the confidence that you have in us to bring victory through you! One thing concerns me though God, so what if I encounter the impossible challenge?

What if the resources dry up? What if I encounter the 'hardest' of the hard ways? I know you will always be there for me when I cry out to you, you will never forsake me to ways of those who go to no end to freely give me the greatest resistance. I desire nothing more than to see victory and deliverance in your name. However, God
I have a question. In such a time as these, do I treat you as the 'brick' held back in reserve? Pray tell me, Am I, or Do I, just pick you up throwing you with all energies? God, do I just stop trying to be patient and resourceful? Do I just stop persevering? Help me to live the proper balance knowing "I AM that I AM" from "I am that I am."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alYxWu554ac

No comments:

Post a Comment