Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 333: God Asks, “What Is That In Your Hand?”

Day 333: God Asks, “What Is That In Your Hand?”

Read: Exodus 4:1 - 13, John 14:12 - 14

"It is out of my hands now!" "I wash my hands of this matter!" "I want nothing more to do with it!" "I have done the best I could and nothing has worked!" "I am done with it, let it be gone from my sight!" "I will hear no more of this troublesome matter!" "I do not have the skills!" "What if nobody believes me?" I guess by now you can figure out where this is going. There are times in our lives when those words become so real to us. There are other times when all we want to count on is – How many times someone has failed us, or hurt us? How many times a promise has been made but just not kept? How many times have we been the perpetrator? In my hands are my failures!

We remind ourselves that we have done all we know to do. We become frustrated with something or someone and we tell ourselves there really is nothing else we can do. How often do we simply say to ourselves, “It’s out of my hands!” How many times do we simply look at our hands and only visualize the failures we've crafted with them? Oh, we did know success. In fact our hands have crafted many inspired successes. We stood tall in the courts of 'Pharaoh'. My hands have crafted great victory from great defeat. However, I have fallen and fallen hard. Before me now when I look at my hands I see only the Egyptian task masters blood on my hands. I can simply see only my shortcomings.

Just how much more like Moses are we? Moses left Egypt behind. Wandered through the great wilderness wondering what is next for him. Tormented by his past successes and greater still by his fall from the throne of Egypt. He has spent 40 years in Midian trying to reconstruct, redeem and resurrect his life through quietly raising his family in relative obscurity. Then the burning bush and now God is calling him out. Moses is listening. So are we when we recount the works of our hands over the course of our lives. Not an easy thing to do. Not a very desired thing to do. In my minds eye when I look at the works of my hands, I simply see not so much that God should be too confident using.

What do you see when you look at the works of your hands? What are your hands telling you? If you were to have a conversation with them, what would they honestly say back to you? Moses', looking at his hands received a vote for 'no confidence here'! My hands hear these words “What if they will not believe me or listen to what I say? For they may say, ‘The Lord has not appeared to you.’” I hear these words and can only look at my hands to listen all too well to what they are saying to me. "Nope!" "I want nothing more to do with it!" "I have done the best I could and nothing has worked!" God interrupts Moses, us. Behold your hands now. God is about to do a greater work!

Let Us Pray: Pray tell me God, just what can you possibly do with hands like mine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbyRNOYkqc
Shout to the lord By: Christ Tomlin with lyrics
www.youtube.com
Shout to the lord by chris tomlin Pleas leave a comment , and god bless you I do not own this

No comments:

Post a Comment