Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 259: Are We Ashamed To Praise Our God?

Day 259: Are We Ashamed To Praise Our God?

Read: Psalm 150

I was originally going to take a day of personal time to reflect on what God has done for me through my family, my friends and Christ's Church. It is Sunday after all and it is Father's Day. Then I started looking around me, and at my wife. All I could do was say "Praise the Lord!" I heard Pastor speak about the story of Moses. I heard this one verse thumping thru my soul: "“Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” It spoke to me so strongly, so very eloquently. Tom, Tom, remove the sandals from off thy feet for the ground you stand on is Holy!

Remove my sandals from off my feet? Um, really Lord? You know I have been walking in them for a while, right? You know that they are the ugliest most shameful feet in the world, right? You want me to shame myself in front of others with feet like mine? You want me to worship you in my bare feet in church? Um, shameful hygiene Lord? Considering all the things that God has done for us, we should never be ashamed to give him the honor and praise that he so truly deserves. Admittedly it would be weird walking around in bare feet in the presence of others! What wouldn't they think of me when they saw naked feet? Take a bath? Worse? Your parents would be ashamed?

Now I am not trying to start a new trend. But considering all the things that God has done for us, we should never be ashamed to give him the fullest honor and maximum praise that he so richly truly deserves. We are created for God’s glory and we are to offer Him praise continually. The whole breadth of Psalm 150 declares that everything that has breath, takes a breath, should be reaching for every available means to do one thing - and that is praise the Lord with every single fiber of our God created being because that is what we were created for. What exactly does ABBA God require of us regarding worship? What sacrifice of praise are we bringing into the Houses of God?

Praise is a mighty weapon of warfare in the life of the believer, when we learn how to exercise ourselves in praise regardless of our emotions we have taken a big step toward consistent victorious living. Psalm 150 tells us that we are to pick up every available musical instrument we can get our hands on and play them like there will be absolutely no tomorrow coming. Music has an incredible power that many people are unaware of. Discover the joy and encouragement that Godly music can add to your life! Have you ever stopped to consider the power of music? The power of music to so completely relax you or get you all fired and pumped up, ready to crash Hell's gates?

Let Us Pray: Let everything that lives pray and sing praises to the LORD! Psalm 150. Shatter the walls of your Jericho, Beat down the Gates of Hell with the sound of the loudest instruments you can lay your hands on! Beat upon the drums from near and far. Remind Satan in no uncertain terms that he IS through because God is coming through. Let the rousing chorus of our hallelujahs resound from within to without.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=00BMMJNU&utm_source=GodTube+Must-See+Video&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=06%2F16%2F2013

No comments:

Post a Comment