Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 247: Love's Simple Secret: "That By Our Words And Our Walk, O' God ..."

Day 247: Love's Simple Secret: "That By Our Words And Our Walk, O' God ..."

Read: Psalm 50

This devotion may stretch you a little bit. It is a little deeper than what we sometimes cover. Not that God's love for us is not a deep enough message to try and plumb the depths of, but still, this devotion may stretch some people a little further than they are used to going. I pray you are prepared to go somewhere you may never have been challenged to go. Some of you may not really understand it, I am not sure I really do completely, but some of you’ll get it and welcome it others will probably reject it as a "how dare you?!" "nope, never me!" and "never in my house! defense of themselves: What does God think of people who speak the Word with their lips but not their lives?

Let me ask that again in case you might have misinterpreted it. "What does God think of people who speak well the Words of God's Love with their lips but live an entirely different life with their actions? "Oomph"! Sorry about that gut shot. But when those truer than true Living Word's of God's Love speaks it is meant to reach into the hearts of the people not into their guts. Love is meant to heal not rip, rend and run amok! I guess if we desire for the saints to comprehend and experience what is the breadth, and length and height and depth and to know the Love of Jesus Christ that surpasses human knowledge, fills them with the fullness of God, then we need to examine "US"!

If we are in prayer with God asking Him to search our hearts and see if there are any hurtful ways within us that we may 'live in the everlasting way', I assure you with the utmost confidence that the absolute last words I want to hear from God are: “Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver." (22). I very much desire to stay in one piece not many before the throne of God and Jesus Christ who comprehends better than me what being torn to pieces is all about! If I am to be torn to pieces for my love of God and neighbor, so be it! But I would much rather it be because I did not make any of the saints hate God's Love!

God's heart for us is not only to proclaim truth but to walk in the power of that truth, not living as we please but living to please God and build up His kingdom here. And when it comes to our worship, I do not believe for more than a moment that God will accept the offerings of those who find it much easier to just "go through the motions", with not even a thought devoted to a heart encounter with the Living God of Love! To live in the absolute victory of God's Love, I ask you to pray to the Lord to continue to strengthen you in your personal pursuit of the truth of God's Love, that your actions, Loving God, Loving All of the saints, would be as one with God as God is One with us.

Let Us Pray: “Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long” (Psalm 25:4 - 5).

Show me Your ways, Lord. Show me how You would walk in these places. Teach me Your paths of grace and mercy and integrity and love. Help me to grasp Your ways so I can walk securely in them even in insecure places. I need Your perspective today. Guide me only in Your truth, Lord. With out Your Word active in my heart and mind I cannot know Your truth. Help me to make time to read my Bible. Help me to take time to think on it and let it penetrate my heart. Lord, Your Word will guide me as a beacon and a light. I need Your word to guide me. Search me and Love me, O' God!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSvocX8Ffo

No comments:

Post a Comment