Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 229: Mother's Day, This Is The Day That The Lord Hath Made.

Day 229: Mother's Day, This Is The Day That The Lord Hath Made.

Read: Genesis 3:20 - 24, Matthew 20:20 - 23

All of God's creations have a beginning. All of God's creations are blessed. All of God's
creations are blessed because God is their beginning and God declared all things He created "good" right from the very beginning. Right from the very beginning Genesis 3:20 declares probably the best thing Adam ever said, proclaims the greatest act any man could ever hope to do to give highest honors to his wife and the greatest glory to God who was the Father: "Now the man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living." Mother's day for mankind, the day the Lord hath made! I kinda smile at the blessing of this revelation. Come, friends let us rejoice and be glad in it.

From the very beginning, God has always had this perfect plan. God created man in His own image, in His own image God created man and in His wisdom, God set man as steward over the fish of the sea, the birds in the sky, and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. God blessed the man and woman - commanded them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it. Yes, God in the fullness of His wisdom gave man stewardship. But in what I consider even the wiser move, God knew that man could never go at it alone. Man was blessed by the presence of woman. Guys, we should always be forever blessed.

(Matthew 20:20 - 23) What I can learn from a Mom? First: the Approach to Jesus! She obviously knew that to get the best in life for her children she knew that Jesus would be the only relationship either one of them would ever need, so she made it a point to come to Him. Next, she brought her children to the feet of Jesus. Whether or not her motives were pure of heart matters little for what we can learn from her. She brings herself, her kids, and her requests to Jesus. The Bible tells us to bring our needs, families, and even wants to Jesus. The Attitude toward Jesus – Worship! It is interesting to watch children and discover how they carry the attitude of their parents.

Mother's Day comes once a year. Some think that if they buy their mother flowers and a card that they have fulfilled their obligation for the rest of the year. If we only comprehended a 10th of what our mothers did for us as children, and just how they would literally die for us if needed, we would realize that one day is not sufficient. Mothers Day should be a time to remind us that we have been neglecting our duties as sons and daughters. This God created relationship is wholly sacred, let us honor our mothers whether they are still blessing us with home cooked meals or a memory. Honor your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land the Lord gives you.

Let Us Pray: Dear Lord, today I turn to you to give you thanks for my mother. With your own gift of life, she bore me in her womb and gave me life. She quietly, lovingly, tenderly, patiently cared for me and taught me to walk and talk. She read to me and made me laugh. No one delighted in my successes more; no one could comfort me better in my failures. I am so grateful for how she mothered me and mentored me, and even disciplined me. Please bless her, Lord, and comfort her. Help her loving heart to continue to love and give of herself to others. Strengthen her when she is down and give her hope when she is discouraged. Most of all, Lord, on this Mother's Day, give all mother the graces she most needs and desires today. I ask you this, in the name of God the Father, Jesus, our Lord and Savior and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-GO7tB4-o
With Love, Mom
www.youtube.com
Originally written for my own two children, this is a message anyone would love to have sent to them from their mom. So if you're a mom and this

No comments:

Post a Comment