Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 226: The Body Of Christ: God's Word Establishing Our Footsteps

Day 226: The Body Of Christ: God's Word Establishing Our Footsteps

Read: Psalm 119:129 - 136

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them and He blessed them. Called to be the Body of Christ. Called to be the mirror image of Christ in the world. Called to walk in the dust kicked up by the shoes of the itinerant Rabbi - Rabbi Jesus. Called to follow in the footsteps of the great cloud of countless witnesses that have gone before us, an unbroken line from the dawn of time till now. We are the Body of Christ in the world for today for all of those people in the world today. For all of creation, for all things God created there is an established order to it all and God has done it. God the Father, the Son, Holy Spirit has established our footsteps.

I pray that you will step back for a few moments to consider the breadth of what has just been written. From beginning to end God has done this for us. These are words not written by me for I am not nearly so skilled to accomplish such a task. But by God, through His Priests, Prophets, Kings and every day folks from nearly every walk of life and set down and given order, ordered by the ancient wisdom of God in what today we have called the Bible. Hebrew Scriptures of the Old Testament, and the New. The Living Word of God, for the Living People of God. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, can there can be nothing more satisfying to the sin sick soul than footsteps established by God's Living Word?

God’s Living Word is Wonderful: 'Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore my soul observes them.' God’s Living Word is Enlightening: 'The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.' God’s Living Word is the bread of life, it is Thirst Quenching, it's Satisfying us with all the good things in life: 'I opened my mouth wide and panted, For I longed for Thy commandments.' Yes my friends, I have longed for order in my life, that my footsteps would be ordered and established by anyone in a better position to keep me upright and moving forward. When it comes right down to it, Brothers and Sisters, God has done this thing for us, keeps doing this thing for us in spite of ourselves.

Pray and meditate over this question: Is there or can there be anything that is more liberating than experiencing the gift of God's favor? This gift requires God’s Grace that God pleads for us to receive: 'Turn to me and be gracious to me, After Your manner with those who love Your name.' This gift requires us to surrender to God's direction that our footsteps may not just be ordered and established but safely secured also. 'Establish my footsteps in Your word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me. The Psalmist restates God's plea in this way for His Body of Christ today: 'Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your statutes. God, establish Your name, order our footsteps!

Let Us Pray: Creator God, In the beginning You brought order out of chaos, in you are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Open our eyes that we may see the wonders of your Word; and give us the grace that we may clearly understand and freely choose the way of your wisdom, establish and bring order to our footsteps that we, as the Body of Christ may walk through this world and establish your kingdom on earth as it most assuredly is in heaven; through Your Son, Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bgQJpyY64
The Overcomers Order My Steps Video Produced By Music4HimNow Ministry
www.youtube.com
The Overcomers Order My Steps Video Produced By Music4HimNow Ministry. I own no rights to this

No comments:

Post a Comment