Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 216: "Moreh": God Is My Teacher

Day 216: "Moreh": God Is My Teacher

Read: Isaiah 48:12 - 19, John 7:16 - 18

Throughout the long course of our lives, we have had many teachers who have tried to teach us something about life. There were our parents taught us how to speak, how to perform basic tasks like how to get dressed, to get along in family. The School teachers taught us our ABC's, reading, writing, arithmetic, science etcetera. Teachers in Church Sunday School make it their ministry to open up the Living Word of God to young and impressionable minds in the prayerful hope that it will stick more than it'll slip away. I can sit here and tell you who my favorite teacher was at just about every level of education I have had, why were so memorable. How about your favorite? Why were they memorable?

Today, it is mine and the Lord's desire that you might know a little bit more about the God who would dare to go inside the Prison walls of our hearts and institutions. Allow me to first introduce to you for your prayerful consideration "Moreh" - Hebrew for God is my teacher. He is not exactly like your favorite English or Math Teacher. In fact, He is for many, their least favorite because He dares to teach all subjects 'with authority'. That authority tends to rub up against the popular culture of our day causing a great deal of frictional heat. It so easily melts all those tightly held bonds of our conformist way (Romans 12:1-2), like a sword, cleaves our spirits in two down to the marrow (Hebrews 4:12-13).

You know, I can hear all of your complaints from here in my dining room. "Who needs a teacher like that?" "Why do I need a teacher like "Moreh"? Whether we like it or not God is, was, and ever shall be the best teacher we will ever have. '“Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last. “Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together (12,13).' God is the best because He is able to teach in ways that others cannot, with an authority that we as mankind can just never fathom. What student in any level of education on life needs this kind of authority? Everybody! Who needs "Moreh"? All of us!

The more I know the more I learn, the more I come to know the lessons from within our own popular culture, the more I prayerfully consider the validity of their truth, the more I meditate on their their 'presumed' authority over mine or anyone else's life, I realize one significant truth - I DON’T know much at all. Some days it is not going to be nearly enough to get through the day and it is not going to get me a job. "Moreh" teaches us more important lessons through His Holy Spirit directing His truth into my mind and give an authoritative understanding of things we could never know on our own. "Moreh" teaches your heart not just your head. We all need to be taught authoritatively right there!

Let Us Pray: Turn back into the Word of God from Psalm 25:4 - 15 to allow the Living Word Of Moreh, the God who is my Teacher, to instruct your hearts and guide your Spirits, by His authority, to that sacred place of truth and the lessons therein. In Jesus' name and By His own Authority, I say Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTgX9hcwk4

No comments:

Post a Comment