Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 198: God - The Observant: "l Need A Miracle!"

Day 198: God - The Observant: "l Need A Miracle!"

Read: 2 Chronicles 16:7 - 10 (NASB)

Today, the Lord and I give for your prayerful consideration and energies this verse of His Hebrew Scripture: '2 Chronicles 16:9: “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him...”. What does this say to us about our God and His relationship toward us? The first image that came to my mind was 'for the eyes of the Lord'. It is the word 'for' that catches my eye. It tells me that God is a God of involvement and of action and it is always an ongoing one, it is always an engaging one. And that is very good news. God and His binoculars trained on us: He, is contemplating this: "Where can I put a miracle today?"

Do you believe in miracles? I certainly do! The miracle that I am even alive after I fell on a patch of black ice, shattering my left hip into 7 (yes, seven) pieces. Unable to do anything for myself except lie on the cold ground where absolutely no one could see me in the pitch black of the night nor hear me because I could not yell over the pain. Even if I could have yelled, all the snow around me would have deafened the sound. All I had that I had before me that night was the prospect of slowly freezing to death.
The only words I could muster were "My God, No!" My God heard my anguish, He saw my plight from the furthest depths of eternity. He searched me out from all ends of the earth, He saved my life.

Every day, God watches out for an opportunity to do a great thing for you when your heart is perfect towards him. Anyone who claims that he does not need a miracle must be somebody without goals in life. We are all in need of miracles and thank God that we have the God of miracles. Perhaps the greatest miracle of that night for me is not that I am walking today but the personal testimony I derive from the final part of today's verse: 'to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him...”. You see, that night I fell, my heart did not have very much of God in it and it was certainly no where near perfect. In point of fact - it had precious little faith. It was filled with rage!

I'm not talking about any simplified version of the word rage defined in human terms if there's one. My rage was a thirty + year old rage against Father God Himself. I was convinced He was completely blind and deaf to my life and the junk I had to deal with. He did not see me, He was not looking for me, He was not listening to me. And that is the way it was in my mind. And for more than thirty years it festered and festered and morphed into the absolute ugliness of perfect hatred. Yet for seven months prior to my fall, I went to church for the first time. I found myself being drawn to the Cross. That Miracle? What little faith I had was enough for God to search for me, to see, find, me and to save me!

Let Us Pray: Just for today, 'search my heart, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way. Yes, Lord I do so believe, but please, Lord, Please, Please, "Help My Unbelief!" I pray in the name of the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-fIclN4h4

No comments:

Post a Comment