Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 196: About All Those "I Will Do" Things Of God?

Day 196: About All Those "I Will Do" Things Of God?

Read: 2 Chronicles 7:13, 16, Ezekiel 36:25 - 27, 1 Corinthians 1:18 - 31

The Holy Spirit has placed something on my heart today, that for me, and I pray for you too, we should all be discussing amongst our selves, our families, our friends and co-workers and that is this - the image of inattentive God that says by His perceived, (at least perceived that way by us anyway) constant lack of visible interest in our well being and lack of desire to do what we want the precise moment when we feel we are need of it. You know that perpetually unanswered prayer that we keep sending up to His door step? The one that seems to lie there forever through the wind, rain, the cold winter, blistering summers? Mine? Reconciliation between my family back home where my heart rests.

So, I read these verses from 2 Chronicles, these very words from God's mouth that say first 'If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,' which I believe in the spiritual essence is quietly, sometimes explosively going on back home between two of my sisters whom I both dearly love, and I have repeatedly prayed as the Lord has required: 'and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.' Those "I will's" are so far are His "I wont's" and there are days it really plays my heart.

Maybe you have been here too where all God's wonderful "I Will" promises drag on forever. As an eternity of time passes by, slowly one can be drawn into that mindset of 'yeah right God - It is not like you have not promised that before!' It is not that we do not have faith that God will get to it eventually, it is that the longer 'eventually' is at making its arrival, there are still some pretty harsh words being exchanged, there are precious family moments that wont be remembered that way and forgiveness is, well, going to be that much harder to both give and to receive. So the heavens stay shut up so there is a drought of God's grace in that place that I always call home where my heart always is.

But then I can read a passage like that from Ezekiel, Prophet to the Exiles: 'Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.' Then I can, I pray you can too for your situation, move from the "I will be petrified that the situation at home will go to far" to one that confidently says "I will be purified" "They will be purified" and God will do it! Yes! God WILL do IT!!

19 For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? ... 23 but we will preach Christ crucified, ... Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.' ... But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1:18-31)

Therefore Let Us Pray: Holy God, Word made flesh, let us come to this Word open to being surprised. Silence our agendas; banish our assumptions; cast out our casual detachment. Confound our expectations; clear the cobwebs from our ears; penetrate the corners of our hearts with this word. We know that you can, we pray that you will, and we WILL wait with great anticipation. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dd9tVUjlQQ
BRAVE - JOSH GROBAN - ALL THAT ECHOES (COVER)
www.youtube.com
BRAVE - JOSH GROBAN COVER (EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC VIDEO) Lead Vocals: Renz Tividad Back Up

No comments:

Post a Comment